School Direct Interview process
Part one: School Assessment
As part of our selection process you will be invited to spend time in school. Your school experience will consist of:
- A meeting with the headteacher and/or teacher in charge of ITT
- A tour of the school
- Time spent in the classroom
As part of the school assessment you will be required to deliver a mini lesson. Further information on this task will be provided by the school.
Part two: Formal interview
The format of the interview will give the Panel the opportunity to assess your ability against the following criteria:
- Observation and reflection on the practice you have observed in school.
- Subject knowledge
- Clear and accurate communication in spoken English.
- Potential to meet the required standards by the end of your training.
Part three: Numeracy and/or literacy task
Primary: You will be asked to complete a numeracy test and a literacy test. These are set at Primary KS2 SATS level.
Secondary: You will be asked to complete a written task to assess your use of Standard English and ability to reflect.