- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent) plus Science for Primary.
- A degree (or equivalent) qualification. Secondary applicants must prove that they have the required subject knowledge for the subject they wish to teach.
- We would encourage you to gain as much classroom experience as possible.
- Communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
- Numeracy and Literacy Skills Tests - These need to be completed before commencing the course. You will only be able to book your skills test once you have completed your application
Post Interview Conditions
- ‘Fitness to Teach’ – you will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire which will be forwarded to our independent medical advisor.
- DBS – applicants will be required to complete a check with the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS). We will not offer places to those with any convictions that suggest they might pose a risk to children and young people or cast doubt on whether they have the personal qualities expected of a teacher. Please contact us for more information.
Overseas qualifications: Equivalence of overseas qualifications must be checked by UK NARIC.
If you do not have your GCSE's in either English, Maths or Science you can complete an equivalence test in order to meet the entry requirements. For more information please visit www.equivalencytesting.com