- GCSE grade C or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent)
- A degree (minimum 2nd class* or equivalent) qualification. Your degree should be relevant to the subject that you wish to teach. Applicants must prove that they have the required subject knowledge in order to teach the National Curriculum for Key Stages 3 and 4.
- We would encourage you to gain as much classroom experience as possible. We require all applicants to have a minimum of 10 days school experience
- Communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English
- Numeracy and Literacy Skills Tests
- ‘Fitness to Teach’ – you will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire which will be forwarded to our independent medical advisor.
- DBS – applicants will be required to complete a check with the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS). We will not offer places to those with any convictions that suggest they might pose a risk to children and young people or cast doubt on whether they have the personal qualities expected of a teacher.
* Applicants with a 3rd class degree in some subject areas may be considered providing that you have an academic background (A Level) at a high level.
Overseas qualifications: Equivalence of overseas qualifications can be checked by UK NARIC.
An equivalence test in mathematics and/or English is available viawww.equivalencytesting.com.